Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Passion Principle

How do we measure the quality of our daily endeavors?
To me creativity and love will be at the top, following would be intellectual and physical activities.
Reading and exercising will be a good way to spend my time any time.
At the very bottom of the scale would be the passive actions like watching TV or just being lazy.
This is a very broad categorization and I must add that to each level there are a lot of nuances to be added.

You don’t always have the energy or the disposition to be creative or super active.
Sometimes you need to relax, to unwind, to take a break and that is perfectly OK.
Of course, you can watch TV or YouTube but even then, you have a choice.
You can watch the news, which in my opinion is one of the most toxic things you can do, or you can watch let’s say a TED talk episode, which is a much better use of your time.

When I want to unwind and I don’t want too much intellectual stimulus I like to watch The Voice and XFACTOR auditions from around the world. If you never done it you should try it. Go to You Tube and search for the best Voice of France, Greece or Holland and see how you like it.

What I like about those YouTube clips is that the contestants are not that polished. They are more natural and much more original than the American contestants.

I try to figure out what makes a good contestant good, and it is not the voice but the passion that makes the performance stand out.
I found that to be true with everything we do.

When I write, like I am doing it right now for my blog, if I put passion into it I can see a difference in the end result.
Passions has a magical power to access untapped resource of your talent and creativity.
When I do something with passion I get transported into what I call “the zone”, where everything flows naturally and effortlessly.

So the “Passion” principle would be “If you want anything you do to be better put some passion into it”
Now, that may not sound like a such novel idea but admittedly it makes a lot of sense.
What I discovered related to that principle is that “Passion” is like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets.

There are some things we naturally put passion into. Sex would be one classical example and sex without passion would be the perfect opposite example.
But there are a million things we do daily without any passion involved, like washing the dishes or cleaning the house.

I am challenging you to a week of passion – I know it sounds pretty sexy, doesn’t it.
I want you to put passion in everything you do no matter how mundane or unpleasant the task may be.
So, let’s say you are washing the dishes.  Pretend you are in a dishwashing competition, set yourself for doing the best cleaning job ever. Focus on every step, put yourself into it 110%. Do it with PASSION!

Now, this may sound silly but if you keep it up regardless of what you are thinking, doing things with passion will become automatically, it will become a habit.
If you keep on doing everything with passion your whole existence will become passionate, you will be in the “zone” all the time.
You will tap into unbound energies unavailable to you before without even trying.
A pretty good result not mentioning you’ll have the best-looking dishes on the block.

Let me know if you are going to try it. I would like to hear your experience and your feedback
Good luck and Namaste!



No comments: