Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Power Of Now

“The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That's all there ever is.” – Eckhart Tolle

You don’t know what darkness is until you hit the deepest abyss of mental depression.
It is the most debilitating illness there is.
It paralyses your mind and body and turns you into a living zombie.
Alive but already dead, hanging in this reality by only a thread.

I will not bother you with the story of my journey into the darkness but I will tell you how I crawled back to the light: I did it one step at the time.

The alarm clock would sound in the morning and I would say to myself “Get up!”  Just that, nothing more. No grandiose plans, no hopes, no real direction, just that “Get up!” “Go to the bathroom.” “Take a shower.”” “Brush your teeth.” “Eat your breakfast.” Nothing more just basic surviving, just taking another step, then another and another…

I couldn’t see my future, I couldn’t make any plans but one thing I knew I could do is take another step. That and a good daily dose of Zoloft J

But now my life is back to normal. Once again I have a vision for the future, I have plans, I have things to do, goals to accomplish, but no time to do it.
I’m living in a permanent time crisis.

I don’t have the time to write the book I started writing over a year ago.
I don’t have time to learn Python a much needed tool addition to my career.
I’m constantly postponing my tasks waiting for the “right” time which seems never to come.
Until it hit me: “THE RIGHT TIME WILL NEVER COME!”

You cannot build a house in a moment.
In a moment you can only lay down one brick.
You cannot write a book in a moment, but in a moment you can write one word.

Every successful journey is done one step at the time.
If you can take just one step you can reach any destination, any goal. Whatever your destination is,. Waiting for the right time to do it, it will take you to nowhere. But every step you take it will take you one more step closer to your destination.

Take that step now.
Don’t think, don’t rationalize, don’t look for excuses just do it!
That is the secret of the power of now:
You can always take a step.

You always have time for one more step. 


No comments: