Thursday, February 20, 2014

THE MATRIX - THE TAO OF HOLLYWOOD

Here’s a good one:
I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here.
It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals.
Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.
There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure.”
Agent Smith – The Matrix
As much as I love Agent Smith (The Wachowski brothers that wrote the script) I have to be a prick and burst his bubble – Mammals are defined as bearing live offspring milk feeding animals - if I remember correctly from my years of schooling. So No Mr. Smith, we are mammals, period.
But you have a good point; the way we treat our environment, and for that matter the way we treat other human beings as well is absolutely appalling and  totally objectionable by any intelligent being.
I wander myself all my life why we do the things we do. Why do we hurt other people, especially the people we love. I couldn’t find a reasonable explanation for it so I just went on with my life, which paraphrasing the great philosopher Homer came out like this:
Mistake… doh! …Mistake… doh! …New Mistake… doh! …Other mistake… doh! …And so on.
(That is Homer Simpson in case you are not the TV watching type)
After years of maturing and meditation I came to the only logical explanation to this behavior.
We are not as smart as we think we are. As species we are just smart enough to create problems but not to avoid them.
So trying not to make any more mistakes was doomed to failure from the get going.
Creating problems, getting into trouble is not accidental, it is endemic to who we are as species.
As the great philosopher Forest Gump put it “stupid is as stupid does”
The question is not if or not we are going to make more mistakes in the future. And by we I don’t mean you and I but the politicians, the scientist and the leaders that we look up.
We will continue our path of blunders no matter how hard we will try to avoid them.
The only remaining question is how many more mistakes are we going to make.
And by we I mean you and I. And the answer is:
AS MANY ASPOSSIBLE

No comments: