Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The Amnesia Conspiracy

What is your earliest memory?
I cannot remember any of my early years of life and neither can you.
All I can recall of that time are random images or incidents, fragments of memories that seem lost forever.
If it was just me I would say I am just one of the people with bad memory, but this strange occurrence is common to all human beings.
It is a grand conspiracy against our memories.
Why is that?

It doesn’t make any sense.
Like a brand-new computer, a child mind doesn’t contain much information.
The memory space is wide open and like a sponge ready to learn and absorb all new information.
But all the new experiences of my childhood are lost.

My first Spring. The smell of a flower for the first time. My first rain, my first rainbow. My first summer my first snow. My first walk or the test of my first strawberry.
All of this amazing new experiences I once had, all of these mind-blowing firsts, are gone.
Why and how?

I have these vivid memories from when I was about 5 or 6 of me playing scenarios of naval battles.
Not just any battles but War World II Pacific Air Carrier battles.

There are many occasions of me playing by myself.
I was in my living room, on the rug arranging random objects in complicated battle formations and playing out loud intense aerial attacks and maneuvers.
I didn’t have any boat toys so instead, I used everyday objects, ashtrays, boxes of crayons, plates and kitchen utensils.

It may seem strange to you that I didn’t have any toys but I wasn’t an American boy this happened in Eastern Europe in the late 50’s early 60’s. While America was experiencing the after the war boom Europe and Especially Eastern Europe – the Communist part – was still recovering from the ravages of war. For Christmas, I would get clothes and new shoes, maybe one toy and if lucky chocolate and oranges.

What was really odd is that the Pacific War was unknown in the Eastern Europe.
All the propaganda, all the newspapers, books, and films were about the heroic Red Army victory against the Nazi Germany. America was seldom mentioned and the Pacific war never happened.

I found out about that part of WW II history in 1983 after defecting to the US.
I remember buying a $40 small black and white TV. The one with the rabbit ears antenna on the top.
That TV was my first English teacher and my introduction to the American society, culture, and History.

It was on that small TV I first saw the Pacific War unfolding and it was at that time I first remembered my naval battles in my living room.
Until then all those memories were locked in my brain and my access to them was restricted.
This happens to every person in the world and if you ever had this strange feeling that somebody or something is censoring your brain, you were right.
The Amnesia Conspiracy is not a myth, a wacky conspiracy theory, it is a fact.
We are born without an Ego. We are all born with a primordial mind, a clear mind untainted by evil and vice.
It is our original self, the original and you, unaltered perfect consciousness.
As we start growing we are taught new skills like walking and talking and also Reasoning.

The Reasoning is supposed to be a tool in the service of our higher self.
Around  6-7 years old our Reasoning undergoes a transformation aself-realizationn.
The Reason proclaims “I think therefore I am” I am,  I the “Ego” not you, the “Primordial” mind.
It is a coup d’état. The Ego takes over, the servant becomes the master.

The original mind gets thrown in the prison of reason destined to be forgotten
You are now “John” or “Mary” or whatever your Ego calls itself, not what you were before that.
Everything that happened before the rise of the Ego gets censored, blocked from your consciousness.
You will live now forever as Ego, as “John” or “Mary”

But all those memories are not lost, your primordial self never dies. It is after all the immortal part of you.
All those memories are still in your mind and it just takes an incident, like the one that happened to me, to resurface into the consciousness.
And there is another proof. People under hypnosis can also access those “forgotten” memories.

So if you want to know who you really are or just to relieve the old good days before the Ego took over just start digging.
The truth is out there!


No comments: