Monday, January 27, 2014

DREAM


I guess I am one of the lucky guys that dream in vivid colors and 5.1 surround sound.
My dreams are not only high tech but also very detailed and complex.
But I’m not here to talk about my dreams, at least not today.
Today I want to talk about something else with my dreaming experience as a starting point.
 
I made a very interesting observation while in my dreaming state. My dreams always start as reality, in the sense that I am not aware that I am dreaming.
As the dream progresses I start noticing that not all things seem to be normal. The story turns “too god to be true” “too bad to be true” or “to unbelievable to be believable” It is at this point that I realize that I am dreaming and it is at this point that I usually wake up.
Can you wake up if you do not realize that you are dreaming?
I guess you can. You always wake up in the morning even if you didn’t realize you were dreaming.
But that is not my point.:
What if life was a dream. Can you wake up without realizing that you are dreaming?
 
To go from one mind state “awaken” to another state of mind “dreaming” both state of minds wave to exist. You can only go from one to the other. You can’t awaken if you are awaken and you can’t dream if you are dreaming. Of course you can argue that in a dream you can dream that you are dreaming but a dream in a dream is still a dream. If you are dreaming that you are dreaming you are not changing your state of mind and of course what I am trying to debate here is: Can you change your state of mind if you do not realize the state of mind you are in?
 
In other words is enlightenment possible if you believe the state of mind you are in is your reality. To go from a state of mind “the one you are in” to a different state of mind “enlightenment” both states have to exist otherwise enlightenment wouldn’t be possible.
But can you do that switch when you believe that “THIS” the present moment is real?

No comments: