SHARE

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The promise of Spirituality


“We cannot solve the world’s significant problems with the same level of consciousness that created them”
Albert Einstein

I was having a picnic in the park with my family.
It was around the Easter and the kids were having fun hunting for the hidden eggs.
I was lying on the blanket next to the remains of the picnic feast when I noticed an ant coming searching for food.

I don’t know if the ant could smell the food, for sure she couldn’t see it, but some how she new the food was around and it was determined to find it.
The funny thing about this is that from my vintage POV it was quite clear where the food was and what the obstacles and the clear path was but the poor ant had no idea and no other way to find it than by trial and error.

Eventually after many trials the ant found a crumb of food but I was thinking what if the ant knew what I knew?
What if, just like the ant, we are looking around for whatever we are looking, unaware that all the information, all the knowledge we need for success in life it is already available?
What if we could have a different POV where all that information about life’s obstacles and the optimum path would be clearly visible to us?

This is the promise of spirituality:
To put us in touch with a higher source of knowledge and wisdom.
To transform one’s life path and experience.
To elevate the level of human consciousness to an optimum level.

This is the path I am looking for and if you are looking for the same thing you are welcome top come along on my journey.
But as Albert Camus said:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend."

12 comments:

Mia said...

I've often wondered if I could just ease my mind around a certain corner, would the world and how I view it open up to show the "answers" that were so clearly in front of me...

Thank you for this post.

Uku said...

But as Albert Camus said:
"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend."


That's very important, to be friends or at least for trying to be.

Thank you, nice post!

Gassho,
U

Scruffy said...

Doggonaleash!

Diego said...

I have great sympathy for the ant, mostly because they seem to be wanting to join the picnic and no one with greater perspective seems to want them around.

Mariana Soffer said...

Very nice an encouraghing post my dear friend, thanks for it.
But and do learns, and they do it in a fantastic way, but they just can not do it alone, they need to do it with a group, or the hole cole, this learning mode is called swarm intelligence based one, because there are the swarms that learn, not the single individual ones searching how to behave.

Camous wrote one of the best books I ever read, it was call the forigner, and from there you can have lots of quotations filled with wisdom that came from his head.

And I do want to go with you and be a higher kind of being, I do not know what kind of, I guess I am still searching for that first answer to begin my journey in this world.
Take good care

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

Interesting post - but what about the next ant?

I read somewhere that ants tell other ants information - so once they've found the food then they can pass on what they've learned.

Sort of like your search for spirituality: by sharing your information we all gain a new perspective

Talon said...

I've often thought that so much of what we seek is inside us all along. Like Dorothy of The Wizard of Oz, we only have to trust in our own abilities.

Buddha said...

@ Mia – It can be done because I have accidentally done it.
There is a way I just have to find it.

@ Uku – The easiest way to have a friend is to be one :)

@ Scruffy – Anybody coming to my blog is out of their mind – if you know what I mean – So are you going to join us or just flirting with the abyss?

@ Diego – Do you know who the ants are?

@ Mariana - That is exactly what I am suggesting :)

@ Pixie – Yup! That is the idea!

@ talon – That is the truth: It was always inside us :)

Scruffy said...

Going into the ocean starts with a single toe.

Ted Bagley said...

"If you're gonna solve problems at the imaginary level with imaginary solutions, you might as well stay there and leave the rest of us alone to bump into stuff."-Einstein paraphrase

Lydia said...

What a consoling and welcoming post.
Honored to call you my friend and one of my guides.

Buddha said...

@ Scruffy – Or as we Buddhist say: “The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step” Well feel free to jump in any time :)

@ Ted – I can not solve it Ted.
I can point it but it will take more than I to solve it.

@ Lydia – Thank you for being my friend and putting up with my ignorance.
The honor is mine :)